Monday, August 14, 2006

August 14

August13
We went to Alexandria and Washington's Mount Vernon. It was so beautiful. Tim told me every American likes George Washington. I don't think we have a special hero like him in Japan. Of course,we have the emperor, but most people except elderly one don't consider him as a hero but only a symbol.
On the boat to go back, I talked with a mentor about studying abroad. His story broadened my horizons. though I don't know what I really want to do now, I want to keep my view broadening to get as many possibility as possible.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Ji Won said...

I'm glad to see that you're having a good time! Americans generally depict George Washington as a hero, obviously because he led the American revolution and founded the United States of America. Keep practicing English and keep broadening your horizons! ^^

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

George Washington was a very inspiring person who had a very strong character and a great deal of integrity. He was smart and capable. I read a biography of Washington a few years ago and I was very impressed!

Living abroad is a very valuable experience, I think. You see your own culture with different eyes afterwards. It's truly a life-changing experience!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home